The Verse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Verse

This is a forum for playing the Serenity RPG by Margaret Weis based in Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» List of Complications
Lesson One: Intro I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:09 pm by Mr. Universe

» List of Assets
Lesson One: Intro I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:08 pm by Mr. Universe

» Lesson One: Intro
Lesson One: Intro I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:06 pm by Mr. Universe

» Bernadette Academy of Character Arts
Lesson One: Intro I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:09 pm by Mr. Universe

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lesson One: Intro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Universe
Admin
Mr. Universe

Character sheet
Character Name:

Lesson One: Intro Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One: Intro   Lesson One: Intro I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:06 pm

This section if a brief overview of a lot of information, all of which will be described in greater detail in later lessons. Dont be overwhelmed! Character creation is a process. Follow the lessons and all will fall into place.  

When creating your character, keep in mind you will be a member of a ships "crew". Though you will be able to round your character out to be anything you want, it will be best to base your character around an archetype that is appropriate for a ships crew member. A brief list of suggestions you certainly are not limited to include:

• Captain

• Pilot

• Mechanic

• Security/Muscle

• Cook

• Doctor

• Ambassador/ Socialite

These are just suggestions on the most obvious roles you could play as a crew member.

The first step in creating your character will be to spend attribute points, or AP to choose your traits and attributes, you start with 42 AP to be distributed between both your traits, and attributes.

Traits- Traits consist of Complications and Assets. Each of which can be either Minor, or Major. A Minor Complication grants you 2 AP to be spent elsewhere, as where a Major Complication grants you 4 AP. A Minor Asset costs 2 AP, and a Major Asset costs 4 AP.

You must have at least one complication and one asset, but no more than five from each category.

Attributes- Your Attributes consist of: Agility, Strength, Vitality, Intelligence, and Willpower.

The cost of each attribute level is directly related to the dice you will use to roll that attribute. For example, a character of average strength will spend 6 AP in strength to use a d6. A body builder will spend 12 AP to use a d12 on strength rolls.

Skills- Skills are purchased in much the same way as traits and attributes. You have 62 Skill points to spend and the cost of the skill is directly related to the die you will roll. Each skill is broken into two categories, general and specialized. Any skill up to a d6 is general, any skill past a rating of d6 becomes specialized.

Back to top Go down
https://browncoat.board-directory.net

Lesson One: Intro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Verse :: Central Planets :: Bernadette-
Jump to: